Protective Coating Products
DuraShield™ 110 and DuraShield™ 210 Line and Coat Steel Pipe for Smooth, Safe, Water and Wastewater Transmission
DuraShield™ coatings provide an excellent barrier of protection for ferrous and non-ferrous metals and other substrates. DuraShield™ completes the corrosion protection offering by providing flexibility in application characteristics to suit the individual applicators experience and facility set-up. TheDuraShield™ 110 and 210 are bred out of the same resin formulation and offer a choice for the applicator. Whether the DuraShield™ 110 or 210 is the better fit, you can rest assured that the industry leading physical characteristics and corrosion protection are delivered through the same backbone chemistry; proven performance.
LifeLast DuraShield™ polyurethanes are designed to effectively address the corrosion and wear challenges present in industry. They combine an excellent blend of physical properties to provide solutions to the aggressive environments present in industrial applications. From pipe, tank and manhole linings to floor and wall coatings, DuraShield™ coatings have been used successfully since 1988 in a wide variety of industrial applications.
Typical Industrial Applications (Steel Pipe)
- Potable water
- Hydroelectric penstocks
- Reuse lines
- Irrigation lines
- HDD applications
- Water transmission and storage
- Pipes – interior linings & exterior coatings
- Tanks – interior linings & exterior corrosion protection
Primary Features & Benefits
- Excellent overall physical properties
- Exceptional hydrophobic formulation
- Durable – maintains excellent adhesion over time
- Excellent impact resistance – significantly reduces damage during handling and installation
- Flexible – allows for deflection levels of up to 5% when used as both a lining and coating
- Excellent application characteristics
- Very good abrasion resistance
- Moisture tolerant – resists foaming; glossy finish
- High build characteristics – spray up to 250 mils in one application
- Highly Impermeable – provides excellent corrosion protection; highly resistant to cathodic disbondment
- Low coefficient of friction – supports the development of maximum head pressure
- No extending fillers – solid, unfilled film provides optimal properties – excellent long-term adhesion
- Available in cure speeds ranging from 0 (slowest) to 10
DuraShield™ Coating Industry Qualifications:
DuraShield™ 110 and 210
Formulated specifically to provide outstanding long-term protection of steel pipe - both for interior lining and exterior coating - with optimal application properties; “staged polymerization” provides fast cure/handling times with excellent adhesion.
Since 2004, LifeLast DuraShield™ polyurethanes have been applied to over 200 miles of steel pipe for hydroelectric penstocks and water and wastewater transmission with pipe ranging in diameter from 4 inches to over 15 feet.